The Parent Network promotes a children’s mental health care system in Idaho where parents are viewed as valuable experts on their children, and treated as full and supported partners while having access to appropriate community based mental health care services and supports.
The Parent Network will act as liaisons between families, providers, and the State of Idaho to: identify the needs of our children with serious emotional disturbances, understand the services and supports available under the YES project, and provide parent voice through active participation at the state and local level.
We will accomplish these goals by:
- Educating families about the YES project along with available services and supports as they are developed
- Gathering state wide input and feedback from families.
- Providing parent voice to the State of Idaho during the implementation of the YES project.
- Monitoring access to services across all regions within the state.
- Attending and coordinating training opportunities in order to support Parent Network members, increase knowledge of current best practices in children’s mental health care, and provide current and accurate information to help families support each other.